Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The 1st Test Screening

Sweaty palms, jittery legs, heavy breaths: No, I’m not talking about our imaginative main character, Max. Not this time. This time, I’m talking about me. More specifically, our very first test screening.

It’s never a calm feeling showing a work-in-progress to completely fresh eyes. In fact, the voices seem to speak louder and much more critical in the back of my head during this process. What do they think of the performances? Is the pacing too slow? Why did we put that shot in? It’s an invariable pooh-pooh platter of cinematic insecurity. This past weekend, we invited six professional (and very honest) viewers to watch the first audience screening of A Boy’s Life. The results -- amazing feedback, constructive criticism, and positive responses to enhance the quality of the film.

Now, back to the drawing board to strengthen the story and propel the performances, and ultimately get closer to that much sought-after picture lock.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! glad i found this blog!


    check out mine? I'm a photographer!

    www.electricbrandon.com

    If you want, follow it and I'll do the same.

    ReplyDelete