Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Cinematic Solute

You don’t slave away for twelve hours a day, five days a week, on a fast-paced film set without picking up a thing or two about the industry. A) Never leave Starbucks without confirming the correct orders (ugh, coffee). B) Eat shit with a smile. And C) It takes an army to make a film.

Alright, these aren’t exactly genius “epiphanies”…

It does, however, take an army to make a film. If this short were stationed in Afghanistan, the crew would be sharing a bunk with sixteen twin beds and picture lock would be our victory. That being said, one point holds true -- soldiers wouldn’t be the brave fighters they are without the support from their home. It’s them who contribute significantly to the film’s inner core. The support and love from family, friends, and colleagues may not physically create the content, but the movie wouldn’t exist without them. It couldn’t.

Personally, my support group drives me to be the best artist I know how to be. They’re my fuel. My spine. The fire under my butt that pushes me to be, not just good, but exceptional. Without them, it’d just be habit and motion. What’s the fun in that?

So this post is for you - the contributors (either monetary or emotional) - who are the driving force behind the scenes. We couldn’t do any of this without you and couldn’t ask for a better safety net to fall on.

We’re in for an adventure, and we couldn’t be more excited.

Just don’t ask me to get coffee…

No comments:

Post a Comment